By Erien W. Fryer
Most of us live stressful and hectic lives. It seems that we’re busy 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and never have enough time to accomplish what we need to. Whether it’s your boss demanding overtime, your children needing your constant focus, or your spouse requesting your attention, every day seems like a whirlwind.
You love your family and need your job, but chances are, you tend to neglect yourself in the interim. It’s extremely important that you don’t let this happen. Put aside some time every day to make YOU a priority.
With a bit of creative thinking and time management, there are ways to find peace in your daily chaos. When you turn off the outside chaos, it gives you a chance to revel in all that is good and right with your world. And when you do this, you emerge with renewed energy and a fresh new attitude!
Follow these tips to enjoy more peace in your life:
- Read a good book. If you’re one of many who enjoy reading, this may be just what you need. You can spend some time immersed in a different place or time, which will help you regain your calm. If you have a hard time focusing for long periods of time, try an audiobook instead.
- Listen to uplifting music. Music has always had wonderful and mysterious powers. It’s used to calm children, the elderly, and even animals during times of stress and angst. Play music that appeals to you. Dance, sing along, or just sit back and listen to its beautiful melody.
- Reflect and meditate. Focus on everything that’s good and right with your life. Think of those you love and what you hope for them in the future. Think about your own future as well and what you hope to achieve in your lifetime.
- Close your eyes, sit in a comfortable chair, or lie down on your bed. Block out all sources of stress and think only positive thoughts.
- Enjoy some family time. Spending time with those you love is often a great stress reliever. Choose a fun activity that you can all enjoy. You may want to play a board game or pop some popcorn and watch a movie together.
- It really doesn’t matter what you do if you can have some fun and relax together.
- Get some assistance from the experts. Many noted authors have written invaluable books on the topics of de-stressing and de-cluttering your life. You can even purchase these books in an audio format and listen to them during your commute.
- When you’re stuck in traffic, rather than getting upset, why not turn this time into a way to de-stress?
- Slow down. Take your time, stop and smell the roses, and listen to the birds’ chirp. Everything you need so desperately to accomplish will still be there waiting for you five minutes later. It’s a beautiful world out there! Do everything you can to make sure you enjoy every minute of it.
Use these tips every day to help you discover all the beautiful and wondrous things in your life and you’ll also find peace in your chaos!